Saturday, September 10, 2011

Back again....

Hey so it's been almost a year since I've posted anything on here, I've found it can be pretty difficult to motivate and find topics to discuss. I think my plan will probably be to devise some kind of schedule, with topics for each day of the week that I'd like to discuss, in the hopes that this will help keep me on track.

Having my tattoo studio in Portland, Oregon has been working out well. Business is steady and I have some great clients. It can sometimes get a bit overwhelming worrying about all the artwork and keeping everyone organized and prioritized. I'm just trying to do my best and stay positive!

I just stumbled upon some pictures I took of my work space set up and ready for a tattoo, so I figured I would just share some of those photos and explain a little about what is going on.



So this is a pretty basic setup for my workspace, it's what anyone should expect to see when they are getting a tattoo done in a professional environment. Any surfaces that could potentially be contaminated with ink or blood are covered. I like to keep all my supplies stored away in cabinets, and only pull out what I will use for that tattoo, keeping everything safe from possible splatter or just incidental contamination. All other surfaces are totally non-porous, including the walls, trash can, chairs, etc. This lets me fully wipe down and clean everything on a regular basis, which all helps to keep the place as clean as possible.


This is a shot of my sweet stainless steel cabinet, made my Hercke. Up top are barrier bags for machines and rinse bottles, and some more disposable supplies. Down below is something I wish I had bought FOREVER ago, which is a simple steel turntable for my inks! It makes my life SOOO much easier, everything is arranged by color and totally easily accessible. I think it was about $20 ordered from Amazon.com, definitely worth every penny. You can see a wide variety of ink in there, I tend to use a handful of brands, right now I'm using Eternal, Intenze, Fusion, Starbright, millennium, and Silverback grey wash, and Kuro Sumi black.

Ok I think that will be it for now, but I hope to actually post more often and on a consistent basis. If you stumble upon this blog and are looking for a tattoo in Portland, Oregon, shoot me an email at greg@goyotattoo.com to get in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment