Sunday, September 11, 2011

Portrait in progress

So today I thought I would share something a little intimidating and scary for me, which is an in progress photograph of my very first human portrait. This is a Goyo Tattoo blogspot exclusive! Since this isn't finished yet, and is a pretty mediocre picture, I won't be posting these images to my online portfolio until I am completely satisfied with the portrait.

That said, however, I am pretty happy with our progress so far. It is on a really nice girl named Sheena, who put some faith and trust in my to tattoo a picture of her father who passed away many years ago. We started with a photograph from sometime in the 80's with the lower left half of his face missing, and in the photo his head was maybe only 1"x1". I literally used an eye loupe to examine the photograph, then spent basically the entire day before her tattoo redrawing his face with prismacolors.

This picture was taken right after we finished this session, and Sheena tends to be very prone to swelling, so it still looks a little off. Soon I hope to have healed pictures, I am thinking one more session to tighten in every last little detail, and we should be set. For this tattoo I used Kuro Sumi and Silverback black inks, Intenze white, and eternal and fusion "true" greys. I used Pulse and FK irons machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment